Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Giving Thanks, Giving Back

Globaloria is all about changing the way we learn and grow as a community. Our responsibilities as educated citizens extend outside the classroom, as we recognize our places as contributors to a globally conscious society.

Since Hurricane Sandy hit our hometown area in New York City, members of the Workshop team have been actively involved in the relief efforts. We have been collecting donations that are distributed in the affected areas and also lending a helping hand in the field.


Here I am with my trusty gloves & boots @ Randall's Island!

Last week I volunteered in an effort to clean up Randall’s Island Park, a beautiful place where many local schools take field trips.Volunteering was a nice bonding and networking experience with the others out there. It also heightened my consciousness and awareness of my place in the world. All that plastic and pollution in the water- it made me so happy to work in an office that consciously recycles. As I became tired raking, I was so grateful for my 4 limbs and strength that others may not have- and I was happy to put it to good use, as I hadn't done manual labor in awhile! 

What are you thankful for this season? Please share your stories.

Happy Thanksgiving!

-Jaime, Special Projects Coordinator at the World Wide Workshop

No comments: