Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Introducing: Alessandro Le Porta, New Foundation Team Member

Greetings Globaloria Educators! I'm very excited to introduce Alessandro, the newest addition to our team here at the World Wide Workshop Foundation.


 As has become a tradition, find below Alessandro's entrance interview:

Rachel: When did you join the World Wide Workshop?
Alessandro: I joined on March 1st, 2010.
R: What is your role here?
A: I am an Assistant Programs Coordinator, currently responsible for helping to update the Globaloria curriculum. 
R: What are you most looking forward to in working with the Foundation and the Globaloria community?
A: Honestly, the project is so awesome and rewarding (and I myself don't have any one specific skill I tie myself to), so I love working on whatever needs to be done. If I have to choose, though, working on the way in which students will learn the material we present is really interesting to me, because it requires me to put myself in their shoes and analyze how people think. Thinking about the process of thought is something I have always enjoyed, and it's no different here.
R: That's a very "Globaloria" attitude! You're going to fit in here great! Where are you from?
A: Thanks! I already feel at home here.
R: Where are you from originally?
A: I am from the middle of nowhere in upstate New York, about five hours by car away from New York City.
R: What are your hobbies?
A: Listening to music of most types, playing video games, cooperative storytelling of all forms (story circles, tabletop RPGs, live-action roleplay, improv acting), martial arts (swordfighting, shotokan karate), dance (ballroom mostly).
R: A man of many talents! RPG games are definitely great examples of social gaming. What would you say is your favorite game?
A: Final Fantasy VI. It has a wonderful storyline full of excellent characters, is fun to play, and covered many adult and interesting topics long before video games were thought of as a medium where you could do that sort of thing. What is the most interesting thing about you?
R: What would you say is the most interesting thing about you?
A: I think in references. Whenever I learn a new thing or have a new experience, my mind joins nodes of thoughts together, building tons of connections in a graph that stretches out to all the concepts I've ever encountered. Because of this, I find little happy moments in all sorts of thoughts, simply because they connect me back to something I enjoy, even though perhaps the content of the two thoughts is completely different. It makes life incredibly interesting and full of wonder.
R: What message do you have for the Globaloria community?
A: I know it's crunch-time in your Globaloria classrooms, but from what I've seen, you guys are doing amazing work! Keep looking up! Globaloria--like life--is full of wonder and happy experiences, and if you keep yourself positive and keep an open mind, you'll do just fine. :-)

No comments: