Sunday, June 14, 2009

Learning with Surveys

In response to my introduction post, WV Design Diva (a.k.a. Monica Larson, a new partner from Shepherd University) asked me to share a little more about myself.

After some deliberation, I decided to spare the Globaloria blogosphere my lofty memoir and get down to the nitty-gritty with a survey I made on the free survey creator, Bzoink. You can find out all about me in the graphic below, but more importantly, I'm offering this survey to everyone in the Globaloria community.

Click "Take this Survey" at the bottom of the questionnaire and fill one out for your own blog. After you're done answering the questions, Bzoink will give you a code that you can copy and paste into your blogger composition pad and publish. If you don't have a blog yet, I'll help you get set up at the Globaloria Summer Academy 1.

I can't wait to read all of your answers!

Globaloria Survey
Created by rachelwwworkshop and taken 2 times on Bzoink
Basics
What is your full name?: Rachel Danielle Rosenfelt
What school/organization are you affiliated with?: World Wide Workshop Foundation
What is your position?: Assistant Programs Coordinator
How many years have you been working with Globaloria?: This is my first!
What inspired you to join the Globaloria team?: My belief in the power of digital media to change the world. This positive change begins with education.
About You
Where are you from originally?: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Where have you always wanted to go?: The Amalfi Coast in Italy, Berlin and Buenos Aires
What is your sign?: I was born on November 22nd, so I'm the border between Sagittarius and Scorpio. I think I'm more of a Scorpio, personally.
What do you like to do in your free time?: I love to read and write and explore all the amazing communities online.
What are you most proud of?: Having the courage to travel Central America with nothing but a backpack alone for 4 months when I was 21.
If you could wish for anything, what would it be?: I'd wish for everyone to have equal opportunities to follow their passions and compete in any field they chose to pursue.
If you could meet anyone, alive or dead, who would it be and why?: The Beatles--around 1962, just before they became famous.
Who is your hero?: My mom. And Madonna.
Favorites
Movie: The Professional by Luc Besson
Book: The Collected Fictions, Jorge Luis Borges
TV Show: The X-Files. Even in reruns, it's television gold.
Actor/Actress: Leonardo DiCaprio. I was eleven when Titanic came out. Sue me.
Musician/Band: Sam Cooke, all of Motown, especially the Supremes and Marvin Gaye and Elvis Presley.
Quote: "Do I contradict myself? Very well, then I contradict myself, I am large, I contain multitudes." - Walt Whitman
For Fun
If you could have any superpower, what would it be?: Teleportation. I'd live in a cabin in the New Mexico mountains, pop into work in New York City every morning, grab Mexican food in Oaxaca for lunch, visit friends and family all over the world, sit down to some Thai food for dinner in Bangkok and be beneath the desert stars by nightfall. Plus, it would be really easy to sneak into movies for free.
If you had a time machine, what historical period would you visit?: Ancient Greece
Do you have a special talent?: I can make my face look like I'm a cast member in the original Planet of the Apes. It's uncanny.
What talent do you wish you had?: I wish I was a master cello player.
If you could trade spaces with anyone, who would it be?: Oprah. She is in a position to influence the world for good, empower women all over the country, create and fund positive initiatives, and do this all without having to hold an official public office.
You've been totally Bzoink*d!
Take This Survey | Search Surveys | Create a Survey

There are many services online that help to make your blog a diverse, fun and active multimedia platform. I encourage all of you to experiment with quizzes, polls and survey creators on free websites like Bzoink and others.

Your GB,
Rachel

No comments: